About this course
- The cost for the 10 week Math Bootcamp is $300. It is designed for 7th graders or any middle school student who wants to improve their mathematical thinking.
- The cost for the 10 week Grammar Bootcamp is $300. It is designed for 6th-8th graders.
*Register for both Math and Grammar Bootcamp, deduct $50.00 from tuition, and only pay one registration/material fee. (you pay the fee to register and it will get deducted from the balance of your tuition).
A $50.00 non-refundable registration fee is required to reserve your spot. No refunds once classes have begun.
Our Bootcamps are an intensive ten-weeks course designed to help students:
- Improve their subject skills.
- Strengthen and refresh their understanding in their subject areas.
- Increase confidence and decrease anxiety.
- The Math course is intended for seventh-graders who want to increase their mathematical scores to ensure a better high school placement. We also welcome any middle school student who wants to improve their mathematical thinking.
The course is designed to build a stronger foundation in math and to prepare students to take the TACHS test. Students will be engaged in solving math problems that deal with computation, fractions, decimals, proportional relationships, numerical and algebraic expressions, equations, and inequalities, and percents.
- The Grammar course is designed to introduce and review the elements of grammar. Students examine sentence structure, correct verb forms, case of pronouns, agreement, punctuation, usage, and commonly confused words. Along the way, students learn something of the power and the pleasure of controlling grammar to make our words work for us exactly as we want them to. Short readings illustrate the basic elements and the beauties of grammar and style. Short writing assignments offer students opportunities to practice the lessons they learned in the course.
There are many reasons cited why students in K-12 grade struggle with math and grammar but regardless of the cause, enlisting the aid of a tutor is going to help. For starters, professional tutors are certified educators who have been trained to teach K-12 math and grammar. Second, a professional tutor will do more than provide facts and figures, as they can help your child understand key concepts they can also give your child confidence and good study habits to help them do better on their own.
The biggest difference that tutoring provides is an individualized and customized approach to learning. With a TBC tutor, students who struggle in any subject will develop a firmer grasp of the fundamentals.
We provide instructions that’s customized to meet the needs of specific students, and not only will this help them learn, but also reduce the stress that they usually experience when studying alone.
Our ultimate goal is to help students recognize and resolve any subject problems quickly and efficiently. We are here to provide assistance and guidance, but ultimately it’s all about enabling the students to approach and solve the problem without coaching.
Can students make up missed classes?
There are no makeup classes because only one class runs at a time. Students are provided with all of the materials for the class that they miss.
What is the TBC math bootcamp experience?
The math bootcamp is an intensive workshop over the course of a few weeks designed for students to review math concepts in a supportive environment with certified experienced tutors.
What is the goal of the math bootcamp?
The goal of our ten week math bootcamp is to allow students to have a positive experience in learning mathematics while at the same time deepening their understanding of concepts. The students learn that they possess the capabilities to solve mathematical problems. They leave with increased confidence and many times with a new attitude about something they may have disliked only one week earlier.
What do TBC math tutors teach?
Our math tutors assist students individually or in small groups to reinforce basic math skills to build a stronger foundation for state tests exams like the TACHS, and SAT. Students will be engaged in solving math problems that deal with computation, fractions, decimals, proportional relationships, numerical and algebraic expressions, equations, and inequalities, and percents.
What do TBC grammar tutors teach?
Grammar is often an underserved subject in school. Consequently, students lack an understanding of basic grammatical concepts (such as the subject/verb relationship and subject versus object). When students don’t understand word function in language, they often struggle with writing. On the other hand, when students have a basic foundation of grammar, they can organize words, phrases, and sentences for maximum communication power. If students don’t know grammar, they don’t know what’s possible with the English language!